Wolf Puppy

Wolf Puppy
Cute Wolf Puppy

Sunday, November 7, 2010

Lit. Circles

How did the discussion help you understand the book?
The discussion helped me understand the book better because when the group explains their points of view, if they agree with me, then I am probably correct, or along the path of being correct. But, if they don't agree with me, then I get a new perspective or a new idea. What I mean is that if one person says something, then you can see what they mean. Also, you can understand what they are saying. The group says some different things, and when we discuss, I can see their point of view as well as my own, and I can compare my thoughts to their thoughts. It helps me understand things better.

My group made a lot of connections. One connection I made was the first time I wanted to put the leash on my own dog. My dog had never seen a leash, so she hid under her cage at the SPCA because she was afraid of the leash and me. It reminded me of when Miyax tried to catch Amaroq's eye, and even though Amaroq wasn't afraid of her, he probably didn't know whether to trust her, like my dog. Miyax and I both wanted something from a dog/wolf. Both gave in at the end. Thinking about it, a lot of people made a connection with that part of the book.

We made a lot of predictions about the book, too. I thought that she would stay with the wolves for a while, because they are her family, and they would provide food for her. Also, I thought that she would meet somebody who was wolf hunting but then again, there aren't many people in the Arctic. Some people thought that Julie would make it to her destination, and others, like me, thought she wouldn't.

No comments:

Post a Comment